Do you ever have nights when the last thing you want to do is come home and “slave over a hot stove” (as my mother would say)? Well I do. A lot. On those nights I love to pull out some of favorite Trader Joe’s faves for a quick, semi-healthy-ish dinner. I’m also throwing in a few snacks, because well, a girl’s gotta snack. Here’s a quick recap of what I stock up on on my trips to TJ’s.
Macaroni & Cheese – No explanation needed. It’s the best frozen mac out there, and believe me – I’m an expert.
Frozen Turkey Meatballs – These are so easy to heat up and make for a very gourmet (feeling) spaghetti dinner. My husband raves about the meatballs I make often. I guess the cats out of the bag now..oops!
Ready to Cook Meats – Check out the refrigerated section for a great selection of pre-seasoned chicken, beef, pork, or fish.
Frozen Tandoori Naan – This naan is really delicious and is seriously ready to eat in one minute. I discovered this when doing my sugar free challenge back in June. Yes, that’s right – no sugar. We have this a lot as a side with salmon or chicken and a vegetable. It’s also great for a snack with hummus or for making flatbreads or pizzas.
Cold Brew Concentrate – I am addicted. Big time.
Wine – No trip to Trader Joe’s is complete without a little two buck chuck, but if you’re a high roller like me there are lots of great options in the $5-10 category. Check out this article for some of the best ones to be on the look out for.
- The lemon curd is delicious. Great on English muffins, scones, between layers of cake, etc. The guy who checked me out (at the cash register ;)) said that it’s great mixed with marscapone cheese.
- The produce there is super cheap. Quality can be hit or miss, but I like to stock up on apples and peaches when I go.
- Check out the pre-made salads in the refrigerated section. Any that I’ve tried have been good to really good.
- The sparkling lemonades are great for parties. Good on their own, and they would be perfect in a punch. Plus the bottles are so pretty.
- Finally, you should never leave TJ’s without some of their super reasonably priced flowers. They’re a very affordable way to spruce up your home!
*all images via