My grandmother-in-law makes the best spinach & artichoke dip! When I married my hubs, I knew I would need to learn to make her famous dip so that we could have it at home. This past weekend, we helped host a couple’s shower for my hubs’ cousin and his bride-to-be. I knew Mawmaw’s spinach and artichoke dip would be a perfect appetizer.
Mawmaw’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup(1stick) butter or margarine
- 1 med onion(chopped) about 1 cup
- 2 pkgs. frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well drained)
- 1 14 oz. artichoke hearts(drained and chopped)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz pkg sour cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese(divided)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 TBSP hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or skillet over med heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 mins.
- Stir in spinach, artichokes cream cheese , sour cream 3/4 cup Monterry Jack cheese, 3/4 cupParmesan cheese pepper sauce and salt.
- Stir until well blended and heated through.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining Monterrey Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese starts to brown (about 10 minutes)
- Serve with chips or crackers.
Enjoy! Happy Eating.