Happy Sunday! We are so happy that Atlanta is moving out of the frozen tundra state. I can finally go outside and not feel like my face is going to freeze off. Cold weather without snow… just shouldn’t be. I’m looking forward to a rainy, but warmer week.
Recipe of the Week:
Before my grandmother passed away, she put together a cookbook of all of her recipes. I was excited to see she had put in the many gluten free recipes she had worked tirelessly to create. Grandma spent many days remaking family recipes to make them gluten free and also creating her own. Aren’t family recipes the best?
Grandma Carol’s Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 7 oz really good chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double broiler (I just used the microwave). Stir together half the sugar and four yolks. Add melted chocolate to concoction.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites. Slowly add remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold mixture into chocolate. Pour into a greased 9 inch cake pan (pref. spring form).
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs on it.
- Cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Reads of the Week:
Mal, Kathryn and I love our FitBits. Want to be our FitBit friend? Are you on our level? Mallory just jumped way ahead since she just completed the Disney Princess Half. I’m so jealous of all her steps.
Y’all, this curly hair girl is definitely feeling this entire post. Growing up in South Georgia in the summer… humidity.all.day.long.
How high maintenance are you? This quiz will let you know pretty quickly. I’m too embarrassed to share my results.
Need some Southern breakfast ideas? We’ve got you covered.
We are loving this list of the best dressed Southerners.