We’ve mentioned before that all of us girls met through the Junior League of Atlanta. We obviously appreciate JLA for bringing us together, but even more than that we appreciate the Junior League for all of the great work it does in our community. The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc. (JLA) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. (source) One of JLA’s biggest fundraisers is the Shamrock ‘N Roll Road Race. This year it will be held on March 8th at 8:30 in Atlantic Station. Here are some of the top reasons to attend – from the Junior League Hotline Newsletter:
- The Shamrock ‘n Roll is a great event to share with your whole family. Strollers and four-legged family members are welcome!
- The race is a fun, quick Peachtree Road Race qualifier.
- Never raced before? Shamrock is great for those running a 5K or 10K for the first time!
- Race through the heart of Atlanta with the skyline of the city as your backdrop.
- It’s an EVENT! After the races, stick around for Irish dancers, fun music, and flying dogs from the Purina Pro Plan Dog Performance Team.
Not to mention a cute t-shirt for all who sign up. It’s also a great excuse to break out your craziest running gear. Kilts, green (or any) tutus, and other costumes are totally encouraged.
Sign up online here or you can just print out this form and send it in. The entry fee is $35 up until race day ($40 on the day of). Be sure to check out the Shamrock Home Page for more detailed information. It will be a lot of fun and of course it’s for a great cause. We hope to see you out there on March 8th!